Reflexology is a natural therapy that involves applying pressure to the feet and hands, targeting “reflex points” that correspond to various bodily systems. It has been practised in some form as far back as 4000 BC, in both China and Egypt.
Back in the United States in the 16th century, President Garfield was said to help relieve pain by applying pressure to his feet. But it wasn’t until the early 1900s that it became well known in the medical world and written about in journals.
Today, reflexology has gained widespread appeal, and is recognised as a legitimate healing technique that can help a range of health issues.
CLICK TO VIEW FULL SIZE IMAGE
Some of the health benefits of reflexology include:
- reducing stress and anxiety levels, clearing blockages and helping energy flow
- increasing fertility in both men and women, including reducing blood pressure and increasing sperm count
- helping in maternity, with shorter birth times and more comfortable
- stopping bed wetting in children, by assisting the brain-bladder connection
- reducing gout and swelling problems
- and assisting with a range of other health issues
Places we recommend for Reflexology:
Reflexology Melbourne: http://www.reflexologymelbourne.net.au
Reflexology Therapy: http://www.reflexologytherapist.com.au/
Sole Indulgence: http://www.soleindulgence.com.au/
Like all health practicioners, there are good ones and bad ones. We highly recommend the above businesses. Ensure yours is qualified and make sure you clearly discuss your aspirations.
Make sure you drink lots of water, and if your body makes a weird noise during the session, that’s perfectly normal. In good health 🙂